About: Radical Feminists are in hiding, and it is time for us to come out of the shadows. We are a book club, discussion, and consciousness raising group for Radical Feminists in Portland, Oregon. We will start off by doing the intellectual and emotional work (reading, learning, and consciousness raising), and hopefully progress into activism.
Mission Statement: To unite radical feminists in and around Portland and to support womyn worldwide. We are radical feminists committed to the abolition of all violence, commodification, and exploitation of womyn and girls including pornography, prostitution, surrogacy, and gender.
- Womyn only.
- Please be respectful and civil. We will not tolerate name-calling (TERF, tranny, crazy, bitch, etc.) or any violent physical or verbal behavior.
- We affirm the importance of intersectional feminist theory and reject sexism, ableism, classism, racism, homophobia, and lookism.
- This is a “secret” group for the safety of our members. Sharing identities or personal information with any outside person or group is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate ban.
- Good faith and sensitivity are requirements. We will make a sincere effort to come to a consensus on group decisions, and when not possible, a majority vote will resolve disagreements. Group founders will break tied votes.
- Trolling or irrelevant posts or comments will be deleted at the discretion of the moderator(s) and you may be banned for repeated offenses.
- In order to avoid cluttering the page, please post radical feminist/gender critical memes and videos sparingly and only if they are relevant to the topic at hand or the current reading. (This mostly relates to the Facebook page)
- Please DO submit additional questions you would like to have added to the study guide, either on the Facebook page, the contact sheet here, or by email. Members may also send longer related writing submissions to be posted to the website and the Facebook page.